Do you have body acne? If so start by answering this question:
Are you using a shampoo free of synthetic fragrances, chemicals, petroleum byproducts, sulfates, and parabens?
For all of my teenage and some of my adult years, I suffered from painful body and scalp acne. I thought it was just because of my hormones and acne prone skin. I was totally wrong. As a kid I used Pantene Pro V, Herbal Essence, Aussie Botanicals, all sorts of big brand shampoos and conditioners. It wasn’t until I started using a fragrance free, sulfate and paraben free shampoo that my skin all over my body started to heal. I used to get hives from certain shampoos, soaps, body washes, and lotions as well. What I’ve found is that anything with a synthetic fragrance is about 99% POSITIVELY going to give me hives or a giant rash all over my body. Why you ask?
Well, if you don’t already know about the darks secrets synthetic fragrances are keeping, let me enlighten you. ;)
Synthetic fragrances can have any where between 10-3000+ chemical compounds. These chemical compounds can be:
- styrene (yes the stuff foam cups are made from, and the National Academy of Sciences recently stated can cause cancer https://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2014/08/expert-panel-confirms-fragrance-ingredient-can-cause-cancer#.W1drZy-ZOu4)
- Petroleum Byproducts
- Propyl Paraben- linked to breast cancer
- Oxybenzone- UV filter, accumulates in blood, liver and kidneys
- Formaldahyde- A known carcinogen, used for embalming corpses, yes, you read that correctly :/
THESE TOXIC CHEMICALS CAN AFFECT ALL PARTS OF YOUR BODY:
- ENDOCRINE- HORMONES
- RESPIRATORY-IF YOU HAVE ASTHMA THIS IS OF GREAT CONCERN
- NERVOUS SYSTEM
- LEARN MORE HERE http://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the-facts/chemicals-of-concern/fragrance/
Also the FDA does not require companies to disclose what is in their proprietary fragrance blends… BE AFRAID… be VERY afraid. Because these people are out to make money, not ensure you have a long, healthy, happy life.
NEXT UP SULFATES + PARABENS. I hate sulfates personally because they cause my skin to get big red bumps, that hurt, don’t come to a head and stay around for weeks.
SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE- a known irritant of skin, eyes and lungs, possibly harmful to your organs. Why on earth are companies using a known skin irritant as an ingredient in shampoo? This drives me crazy!
METHYLPARABEN-endocrine disruptor, mimics estrogen, can cause biochemical or cellular level changes
PROPYLPARABEN- fragrance ingredient, endocrine disruptor, can cause allergies, developmental and reproductive toxicity.
MORE PARABENS TO LOOK FOR THAT CAUSE MANY OF THE SAME ISSUES STATED ABOVE:
Want to see what your shampoo + conditioner’s + Perfume toxicity score is? Take a gander here https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/search.php?query=shampoo#.W1dw5y-ZOu4
An example: One of the top selling perfumes of all time Chanel No. 5 is rated as 7 out of 10 on the toxicity scale. You will not only smell “lovely,” you can now have the possibllity of cancer, allergies, immunotoxicity, developmental + reproductive toxicity, endocrine disruption and irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
Want clear skin? Here are the steps I suggest you take:
- Throw out anything with a synthetic fragrance, sulfates or parabens in it.
- Eat a diet full of fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and small amounts of high quality meat, such as wild salmon. I quit dairy and I limit grains and sugar, and my skin has NEVER been clearer.
- Restore your acid mantle, which protects your skin from environmental damage, and from being rashy, itchy, irritation prone, acne prone, overly oily or overly dry, find out how here https://www.heavenly-botanicals.com/blogs/news/18056497-apple-cider-vinegar-toner-a-gentle-daily-chemical-peel
- Use Vitamin supplements, chances are you’re not getting enough of the vitamins and minerals you need unless you’re a super human who can resist the call of pizza, fried food and candy every single day of your life and only eats nutritious food. We all fall, the key is to get back up and try again.
Supplements I suggest looking into:
Vitamin D- Known as the sunshine vitamin, this vitamin can drastically improve your skin. https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Supplement-Raspberry/dp/B016P97OM6/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1532459470&sr=1-5&keywords=garden+of+life+vitamin+d
B Vitamins- I suggest getting a whole food based supplement such as Garden of life. If your vitamins are dead (synthetic) you won’t see a difference, but if you take stuff your body will actually recognize and know how to use, you will see results. https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Complex-Folate-Supplement/dp/B016O9H98Q/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1532459431&sr=1-5&keywords=garden+of+life+b+vitamins
Vitamin C- If you get sick a lot, have inflammation, have dull tired looking skin, take some vitamin C. I recommend Nutribiotic Ascorbic acid powder https://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-Ascorbic-Acid-Powder-Ounce/dp/B004F1NF98/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532459299&sr=8-6&keywords=nutribiotic+vitamin+c
if you can tolerate high doses without getting an upset stomach or Calcium Ascorbate powder if you cannot tolerate high doses of vitamin C well.
5. Buy quality Skin care products with REAL ingredients in them, such as herbs, essential oils, vitamins, minerals, etc. Your skin needs these real nourishing ingredients to heal from within, not just something synthetic that does the job to cover up your symptoms and never actually fixes the problem.
6. Want more help getting your skin in line? I’d be happy to help, just email me at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, none of this advice should be misconstrued as medical advice. If you have a medical condition or are pregnant/nursing please consult a licensed physician before making changes to your diet, or starting any new supplements.
AFFILIATE INFORMATION: I am not affiliated with any of the supplements mentioned above, I just personally use them because they actually work.
Share this post
- Tags: acne, acne cure, acne on body, acne on scalp, acne remedy, back acne, bacne, body acne, cystic acne, eczema, fragrance free, herbal medicine, herbal remedies, hormonal acne, natural medicine, natural remedies, non toxic hair care, non toxic skincare, nutrition cure, paraben free, pimples on scalp, psoriasis, rosacea, severe acne, sulfate free, teenage acne